Yauaa: Yet Another UserAgent Analyzer
This is a java library that tries to parse and analyze the useragent string and extract as many relevant attributes as possible.
The full documentation can be found here https://yauaa.basjes.nl
HIGH Profile release notes:
- Quick patch to go to the latest stable version of SLF4J.
- The Builders no longer expose any generics. This is a small (breaking) API change with major benefits for people using other JVM languages (like Scala).
- The serialization had issues in specific scenarios that have been fixed.
A bit more background about this useragent parser can be found in this blog which I wrote about it: https://techlab.bol.com/making-sense-user-agent-string/
As an example the useragent of my phone:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 7.0; Nexus 6 Build/NBD90Z) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/53.0.2785.124 Mobile Safari/537.36
is converted into this set of fields:
|Device Name||Google Nexus 6|
|Operating System Class||Mobile|
|Operating System Name||Android|
|Operating System Version||7.0|
|Operating System Name Version||Android 7.0|
|Operating System Version Build||NBD90Z|
|Layout Engine Class||Browser|
|Layout Engine Name||Blink|
|Layout Engine Version||53.0|
|Layout Engine Version Major||53|
|Layout Engine Name Version||Blink 53.0|
|Layout Engine Name Version Major||Blink 53|
|Agent Version Major||53|
|Agent Name Version||Chrome 53.0.2785.124|
|Agent Name Version Major||Chrome 53|
You can try it online with your own browser here: https://try.yauaa.basjes.nl/.
- This runs under a "Free quota" on Google AppEngine. If this quota is exceeded then it will simply become unavailable for that day.
- After a while of inactivity the instance is terminated so the first page may take 15-30 seconds to load.
- If you really like this then run it on your local systems. It's much faster that way.
Stefano Balzarotti is putting a lot of effort into porting Yauaa to run in .NET standard.
If this project has business value for you then don't hesitate to support me with a small donation.
Yet Another UserAgent Analyzer Copyright (C) 2013-2019 Niels Basjes Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.